[opensuse-gnome] G:F might get unstable...
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:56:30 +0200
Hi all,

This is a warning for everybody using G:F, especially the people using
G:F to get GNOME 2.26 on 11.1 (in which case you should really just use
G:S:2.26).

I'm about to do some changes in gconf2 to implement the fate entry about
moving gconf .schemas files to /usr (instead of /etc) [1]. It should
work fine, but, well, to be sure it works, we need some testing and G:F
is the best place for this.

So, two things:

+ if you use G:F to have stable GNOME, you should not use G:F :-)
+ if you use G:F to help testing latest GNOME, please tell us about any
potential weird gconf-related bug you see in the next few days.

Vincent

[1] https://features.opensuse.org/305318 where you can read some dumb
things I wrote at the time where I opened the feature, and a comment
which explains how this will be done.

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press├ęs.