RE: [opensuse-gnome] Default torrentclient in Gnome
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:00:44 +0000
As the person that did the initial review[0] of BitTorrent clients over
~18months ago for 11.0, it was myself that recommended Monsoon. The choice was
not mine alone but that of the community. As such if the community feels it is
prudent to review this choice and make ammendments then I am all for it.

In my review I had Transmission as the #2 choice so I'm happy to use that. As
for lack of releases for Monsoon, I'm not so sure that is necessarily a bad
thing. I have experienced very few issues with it and there have been a couple
of releases since the initial inclusion in 11.0. As for others using it, one
distro I know of is Foresight, so we are not alone (and so what if we were?) ;-)

As I have very little usage of other distros what do the likes of
Fedora/Debian/Mandriva/Ubuntu/etc. use, also what is the default client
upstream?

Regards,

Andy

[0] - http://en.opensuse.org/User:FunkyPenguin/TorrentReview
--
Sent from a Nokia E71
Andrew Wafaa, openSUSE Member: FunkyPenguin.

.