Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME:Factory / GNOME:Factory:Next / GNOME:Stable / GNOME:Unstable etc etc
  • From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:16:13 +0100
On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 07:38 +1100, Magnus Boman wrote:
On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 13:12 +0530, Suman Manjunath wrote:
On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 14:23 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
1. Should we copy all packages from G:F to a GNOME:Stable (I think we
have a G:S but don't know the state of it. We might want to start from
scratch here) and then update to 2.24.3

might be a good idea, I guess

+1

Ok, so remaining questions are, do we use copypac or links? Using links
will put some maintenance burden on the project beyond just having the
latest stable GNOME release, since packages will break every now and
again when patches are created for 11.1/GNOME components.

yeah, but since patches and changes are being done for 11.1 as we speak,
we really need to merge changes at some point, so I think linkpac might
be the best, even though it adds extra maintainance work. But I think
it's easier than merging by hand all packages when submitting to G:F

Also, is G:S enough, or should we have a sub-project called G:S:2.24? I
mean, what will happen once 2.26 is released? Wipe G:C and start over,
or, by using subprojects, create G:C:2.26

not sure if we really want to have old GNOME versions lying around, I'd
say having STABLE and UNSTABLE should be enough. Once 2.26 is released,
it is moved to G:S, and 2.27 lands in G:F:N (or G:U)
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>