Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME:Factory / GNOME:Factory:Next / GNOME:Stable / GNOME:Unstable etc etc
  • From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:23:24 +0100
On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 08:05 +1100, Magnus Boman wrote:
Hello,

Just a quick note that we need to discuss our repos...

We have been updating latest GNOME in GNOME:Factory:Next (G:F:N) for a
while now. We need to merge these changes into GNOME:Factory (G:F).

My questions;

1. Should we copy all packages from G:F to a GNOME:Stable (I think we
have a G:S but don't know the state of it. We might want to start from
scratch here) and then update to 2.24.3

might be a good idea, I guess

2. For each GNOME . release (2.25.4, 2.25.5 etc), should we do a
complete update in G:F:N and then later merge them to G:F (Makes it
possible to use G:F as a 'stable development' branch)

I think G:F:N is good for doing the 1st mass update for a new version,
so that we don't break G:F, but once we have the unstable in G:F, I
guess we can just update there, and have G:F:N be just a link to G:F, so
that packages get built for 11.1

3. Should we not do 2 and instead move G:F:N to GNOME:Unstable (again, I
think we have G:U and again, perhaps we want to start from scratch)

G:U is mostly dead, so the question is just if we want to rename G:F:N
to G:U.

I guess we could play with linkpac to have G:U and G:S always point to
the correct unstable/stable versions. For instance, G:S could just be a
link to openSUSE:11.1 now, and we can, as you say, provide a 2.24.3
update there. And G:U, once we move everything to G:F, can just point to
G:F
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>