Re: [opensuse-gnome] Unfinished business...(?!)
  • From: Bryen <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 12:20:48 -0600
On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 18:24 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le mercredi 05 novembre 2008, à 18:05 +1000, Magnus Boman a écrit :
My question is, what should/could we do to keep track of
issues/suggestions/improvements etc so that 1) it's always kept
up-to-date and 2) we can ensure that it's followed through...

I agree with the issue (found out about the ggreeter stuff just before
you sent the mail -- I'll raise it tonight during the meeting). Bugzilla
bugs would work for me, or someone pinging every now and then.

But I understand that bugzilla might not work for everybody :/ I guess
having someone who makes sure that stuff gets done would really help.

I noticed yesterday in the -project meeting that they were using
bugzilla to track tasks, so that's probably the way to go.

In the past, we tracked tasks in the wiki and then we went to RTM and
eventually back to the wiki where things died after that. The problems
were:
- Wiki syntax was a chore for people to deal with
- RTM was outside of our openSUSE ecosphere
- We needed to remember to actually enter tasks.
- Being a taskmaster wasn't exactly exciting for anyone to handle.
There were several of us who tried to take up that responsibility.

Tracking via bugzilla would be nice, easier interface than a wiki, and
can be linked to on our wiki pages.

Bryen Yunashko
openSUSE Board Member