[opensuse-gnome] Reviewing patches when updating a package to an upstream version
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 02:52:31 +0100
Hi,

I just looked quickly at 6 packages (originally because of the patches
marked as PATCH-NEEDS-REBASE), and I found out that 11 patches were
"deletable". Most of them were still applied because the fix for
upstream was slightly different (so they were not PATCH-NEEDS-REBASE).

I think it'd make sense if we were a bit stricter when updating a
package to a new upstream version: quickly checking if the patches are
still useful would be nice :-) Sure, it's sometimes hard, but there are
a few trivial patches (like "adding some #include") for which this is
really easy.

I know this is not enforcable (and I'm not sure we'd want to enforce
this), but think about it :-)

Thanks,

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press├ęs.