Re: [opensuse-gnome] Contrib and G:C
On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 09:17 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
My gap analysis certainly shows some holes, but I'd love to compare it
with yours: what are you missing that you need ? :-)

Mostly better protocol coverage and/or quality of the "supported" CMs.
Also the GUI is missing the ability to group various contacts into one
(to assign more than one account to a given person, which is REALLY
useful).

To be fair, I have not tested empathy during the last 3 month but I
doubt it has changed much since. Basicly, it's nice if you only want
XMPP (and don't care about MUCs) but for other popular protocols it's
not really usable. And AFAIK there's noone working full time on the
project anymore now, which does not really help.

Cheers,
-Michael