Re: [opensuse-gnome] Contrib and G:C
On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 09:53 +0200, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Pidgin is a very bad example since it exists in openSUSE and therefore
is not allowed to be in Contrib. _And_ I don't think that even when
Gnome switched the default to something else Pidgin can't/shouldn't be
dropped from openSUSE (yet).

Right... GNOME 2.24 now ships with Empathy (a Telepathy based IM
client). Problem with it: it's still _years_ behind Pidgin. I like the
idea of Telepathy in general, but there's just no use in shipping
Empathy by default right now, as users will miss tons of features they
had in Pidgin.

Cheers,
-Michael