Re: [opensuse-gnome] gdesklets
  • From: James Tremblay aka SLEducator <fxrsliberty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 01:10:11 -0400
Bryen wrote:
On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 21:04 +0000, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 19:32 -0400, James Tremblay aka SLEducator wrote:
Hey Guys , What chance is there that opensuse would become the hosts for and takeover the gdesklets project.
If you're talking maintaining it, the chances are low.

Including the SideCandy group as an included option would really be sweet . It would be something that other gnome distro
would be missing and those users would be looking at openSuSE and saying mmmmm even more polish.
Just a thought.
If you mean here packaging this stuff, its a good possibility.

BTW, we should take more about what packages to get into opensuse proper
from the education project now - its a good time to capture that.

James,

I wanted to step in a bit and ask if you're aware of screenlets as well.
I, and some others, recently experimented with both gdesklets and
screenlets, and it appears to me screenlets is far more functional,
supported by the community, and attractive than gdesklets. gdesklets
simply seemed buggy and didn't want to work for me.

Bryen

Bryen,
Thank you for the tip about "screenlets" they are indeed as nice as desklets and there are many more available,
this would indeed be a really cool default app for gnome.
James