Re: [opensuse-gnome] proposal or repository for branding, wallpapers, artwork, themes etc.
  • From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 13:13:37 +0200
On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 16:02 +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
Hallo.

I would like to propose a new repository (repositories) for several
types of artwork:

Branding

I am thinking about subprojects with particular brandings.

First planned item is the "Example" branding template.

Proposing: Branding:Example or Artwork:´╗┐Branding:Example

Wallpapers and backgrounds

It would be nice to package popular Propaganda abstract wallpapers set
altogether with desktop integration stuff (KDE+GNOME wallpapers,
nautilus background patterns,...).

Proposing: Artwork or Artwork:Wallpapers

Themes and metathemes

Maybe bad idea. Could be GNOME:Themes, KDE:Themes or Artwork:GNOME,
Artwork:KDE.

we already have gtk2-themes, gnome-themes(-extras), etc, so I guess it
would probably be good to just fill those packages with any extra theme
we want to provide. Of course, if we want to offer packages for the
whole of art.gnome.org (for instance), it makes sense to have these
repositories. It should be easier to do some kind of automation based on
art.gnome.org's RSS feed so that any new theme/background added gets
packaged automatically in these Art repos
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>