Re: [opensuse-gnome] Default IRC client... Again...
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:56:56 +0200
Magnus Boman wrote:

I had a look at what's required to make pidgin the default IRC client in
11.0. The result is, we don't!

> [...]

So unless someone have any strong objection, and/or want to fix up
pidgin to work properly, xchat should replace xchat-gnome instead of
pidgin.

I've voted for pidgin because it is available more or less anyway but in that case I agree to use xchat.
I see one left issue with xchat though:
It seems that one has to define --existing to the commandline to open an irc url from the commandline (or from a browser).

It would be very nice to have a wrapper (or a patched xchat) to autodetect that and if it's running reuse that session and otherwise open xchat.
Sounds reasonable?

Wolfgang