Re: [opensuse-gnome] Default IRC Client
  • From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:04:55 +0200
On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 09:46 -0500, Bryen wrote:
Looking back to my own experience when I got involved starting with
10.3....

IRC was a new concept for me, and I tried to get it going on Pidgin.
Can't remember why it failed exactly, so I let it slide for a bit. Then
I stumbled upon xchat and installed that. After that IRC-ing was a
piece of cake.

I've been using xchat for years, but a few months ago I changed to
pidgin, and with the inclusion of some plugins, the experience is ok

However, I do think that in general, most users wouldn't think about
needing IRC, so perhaps it should be an add-on rather than default
install if space is needed for other things.

since we already install pidgin for jabber, novell GW, MSN, etc, we should
have, IMO,
pidgin as the default app for IRC. One of the things that made me switch
to pidgin was for not having to use 2 apps for chatting

--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>