[opensuse-gnome] Proposed changes wrt policy
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:59:58 +0200
Hi,

Context: http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/Desktop_Policy

Here's a list of changes that I propose to remove:

/apps/file-roller/listing/list_mode: no need to diverge from upstream on
this

/apps/ghex2/datafont
/apps/ghex2/headerfont: we don't even ship ghex by default, so I don't
think it's useful to change the default fonts

/apps/stickynotes_applet/defaults/color
/apps/stickynotes_applet/settings/use_system_color: we're using tomboy
now, so no need for those changes

/apps/procman/proctree/col_15_visible: I'm not sure why we make this
change.

/desktop/gnome/volume_manager/autoplay_cda_command
/desktop/gnome/volume_manager/autoburn_audio_cd_command
/desktop/gnome/volume_manager/autoipod_command
/desktop/gnome/volume_manager/autophoto_command
/desktop/gnome/volume_manager/autoburn
/desktop/gnome/volume_manager/autoplay_dvd
/desktop/gnome/volume_manager/autophoto
/desktop/gnome/volume_manager/autoipod: all handled by nautilus now
(using mimetype like x-content/audio-player)

gnumeric - gnumeric-pro-fonts.patch: this changes some fonts. Why?

If nobody complains, I'll remove those changes in a week or so.

Also, here's a list of settings that we change and that might need some
rationale if we want to keep the changes:

/apps/gnome-terminal/global/use_mnemonics
/apps/gnome-terminal/global/use_menu_accelerators
/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility
/apps/metacity/general/num_workspaces
/apps/nautilus/preferences/preview_sound

Please discuss :-)

Thanks,

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press├ęs.