Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME main menu bugs
  • From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 11:48:49 -0600
On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 22:54 -0500, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:

Thanks for the ping. Some comments:

* Bug 338024 - main-menu uses a lot of cpu resources (Assignee:
Federico)

The original bug is about CPU usage, but rather vague. I marked it as a
duplicate of the "pointless thumbnailing" bug, which is still open ---
hopefully during this performance week I'll be able to do something
about it :)

* Bug 194880 - Main Menu too large and can't resize when using
lower monitor screen resolutions (Assignee: bnc-team-gnome)

Asked for more info.

* Bug 184520 - Gnome menu locks when opening complex Excel files
through shares (Assignee: bnc-team-gnome)

Asked for more info - this is a good one.

* Bug 310710 - cropped gnome-main-menu icon and label (Assignee:
Federico)

My bad. I'll check if I submitted that gtk2 fix.

* Bug 255732 - GNOME-Main-Menu: Add to Favorites Behavior
Inconsistent (Assignee: bnc-team-gnome)

Nitpicking about zero-byte files :) This is an easy fix, but not an
important one. I'll gladly provide advice to someone who wants to fix
it.

* Bug 247906 - The buttons on the gnome-main-menu are too big.
(Assignee: bnc-team-gnome)

Closed it - I haven't seen it happen again / ever.

* Bug 328838 - Sorting apps in SLAB doesn't work (Assignee:
bnc-team-gnome)

I'd like to know what to do about this one. Items are ordered like

1 2
3 4
5 6

but your gestalt vision makes you think they are ordered vertically.
Maybe "pushing items down" instead of "pushing them to the right" would
be better?

This may not be hard to fix. See
gnome-main-menu/main-menu/src/tile-table.c:reorder_tiles(). You can get
the number of rows/columns from the parent class GtkTable.

The following are still marked as new, even though many have been
assigned:

* Bug 348183 - gnome-main-menu startup time > 1min + 100% CPU

Magnus's patch will help with this. I'll make sure it goes in at the
end of this performance week.

* Bug 343725 - gnome-main-menu - rename or remove items does not
work

I like Lukas's idea of removing that stuff and instead adding a "Show in
file manager" command. Any takers?

* Bug 338515 - In main gnome menu application must don't
duplicated

We need an extra pass when building the recent-apps list to see that
they are not duplicated from the favorites. Any takers?

* Bug 362974 - "Computer" on main menu seems to ignore fast clicks

The old debouncing bug (#334550). Does this still happen on 10.3? I
think Scott submitted a fix for this.

* Bug 343917 - Main-Menu overlaps Orca's screen magnifier

Nontrivial problem; see my latest comment. Can someone with contacts in
the accessibility community poke the appropriate upstream people?

* Bug 362953 - gnome-main-menu high CPU usage on opening multiple
files in Nautilus

Magnus's patch again, plus thumbnailing.

* Bug 352120 - strangely big main-menu

Asked for more info.

* Bug 356624 - main-menu / multi-display ...

Michael provided the magic incantation. Can anyone test this fix?

* Bug 328122 - gnome-main-menu and keyboard navigation

Three bugs in one! But indeed this needs debugging.

* Bug 336735 - Slab and Intlclock always show on display :0.0 in
TwinView/Non-Xinerama

I'll deal with this during the multiscreen hackfest.

* Bug 187876 - Main Menu - Recent Documents list includes files
that do not exist

Asked for more info.

* Bug 364186 - Main menu leaks again

Set to NEEDINFO.