[opensuse-gnome] Pattern Review Decision Time :-)
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 11:54:54 +1100
Hello,

The Pattern Review page[1] has been up on the wiki for a while now and
there's been some comments.

So we should move along and make some decisions.

Note, this is not about packages to be added / dropped from the distro,
but rather what packages that should *not* be installed by default. This
will benefit us in two way;

1) We don't mess up the menus with applications that most people never
use
2) The packages will not be on the 1 CD Install, leaving room for other
packages to go in there instead

Also, this is not about packages to be *added* to the patterns. There
will be a separate discussion about that.

The following packages are considered to be excluded from the patterns;

pessulus
sabayon
gnome-commander
vcdimager
ncpfs
pulseaudio-module-jack
sox
vcdimager
zenity
pan
xournal
gftp
gnet

If anyone has any objections, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks,
Magnus

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/Pattern_Review