Re: [opensuse-gnome] Volunteer Needed - Torrent Apps for 11.0
  • From: "Alan McGovern" <alan.mcgovern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 01:04:39 +0000
transmission and bittorrent-gtk look the best options to me, they seem
to follow better the GNOME conventions (just works by default, with the
ability to change settings if the user wants to).

The wizard is gone in Monsoon now. So it also 'just works'.

The others look a lot like aMule and similar P2P apps, which just
contain too much information by default for the normal user.

What is a normal user? What is too much information? It's hard to
quantify. However, a good client should be able to quickly and easily
hide excess information. I did a quick screenshot routine of Monsoon
showing some of the things which either aren't available in the
version that was used in the review or were missed.

http://monotorrent.blogspot.com/2008/03/few-days-ago-i-heard-suse-team-are.html

Thanks,
Alan.