Re: [opensuse-gnome] Tagging yelp patches
  • From: Hans Petter Jansson <hpj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:59:57 -0600
On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 17:54 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:

+ yelp-suse-20060319.patch
It's a huge patch, I'm not quite sure what it's doing. But I know it
doesn't apply cleanly anymore. It has been modified quite a few times
according to the changelog. hpj, do you have more details?

+ yelp-2.14.0-process-suse-manuals.patch
Doesn't apply any more and seems to depend on
yelp-suse-20060319.patch. Looks like the patch adds doc from
/usr/share/susehelp/meta/. I guess we want to keep that?

The first patch has been handed down for generations (the date in the
file name has changed at least once). It contains code and XSLT related
to branding, combined with bug fixes and search path adaptations. The
other one adds SUSE-specific manuals to the index.

I strongly dislike these patches and think that if we can drop them, we
should. Better to start from scratch, especially now that nothing
applies anymore. Then we can see what problems show up and address those
in a sane manner.

We'll probably have to add at least the SUSE manuals one back, though
maybe we can work with the documentation team to get a system that works
out of the box.

+ yelp-2.18.1-empty-doc-crash.patch
Doesn't apply any more right now. I'm trying to reproduce the crash,
but I can't. Does anyone remember what kind of empty doc it was? (ie,
just an empty file, or some docbook with a basic structure but no
content, etc.)

I seem to remember it being a no content issue. It's hard to say if we
need it anymore though, since the yast code changed so much. I'd say if
we're upgrading yelp, just drop it.

--
Hans Petter