Re: [opensuse-gnome] Volunteer Needed - Torrent Apps for 11.0
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:22:33 +0000
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 07:10:22 +0000
Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:22:07 -0400
JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all, I was wondering if there was a volunteer out there to assess
the various gtk/gnome torrent apps for use in 11.0. Specifically:

1) Bittorrent-gtk

2) gnome-btdownload

3) Transmission

and come up with a recommendation.

-JP

I will do a review of sorts later today of the above and including
deluge and Monotorrent. I will try and ensure that there are
screenshots available for comparison and also have a wee write up
about them.

I hope you don't mind the delay, but I unfortunately have to go and
deal with a client now.

Regards,

Andy

Ok I have pulled my proverbial out from underneath me and produced a
review of sorts. Please remember this is a purely personal point of
view, but I have tried to be objective, and look at it from a "Big
Picture" view point.

You can read my "review" at [0]. I am open to comments that anyone
may have. I'm not sure how the voting mechanism works, but my votes
are in there :)

Regards,

Andy

[0]http://en.opensuse.org/User:FunkyPenguin/TorrentReview

--
Andrew Wafaa, openSUSE Member: GNOME Team.
awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx | http://opensuse.org/GNOME

http://www.wafaa.eu