Re: [opensuse-gnome] Volunteer Needed - Torrent Apps for 11.0
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:41:56 +0100
Le mardi 25 mars 2008, à 16:22 -0400, JP Rosevear a écrit :
Hi all, I was wondering if there was a volunteer out there to assess the
various gtk/gnome torrent apps for use in 11.0. Specifically:

1) Bittorrent-gtk

2) gnome-btdownload

3) Transmission

and come up with a recommendation.

Would be nice to have a volunteer work on studying this, indeed.

Here's a very quick and dirty study (including deluge):

+ Bittorrent-gtk: never tried this. I assume that's the default UI for
bittorrent? I couldn't easily find screenshots, so I gave up.

+ gnome-btdownload: a bit too minimalistic, and the development could
be a bit more active.

+ transmission: good UI, with philosophy close to GNOME's one. Seems to
work.

+ deluge: didn't know this. I just looked at the screenshots, and it
looks okay, but the UI would need more love.

So my personal order would be: transmission, deluge, gnome-btdownload
and Bittorrent-gtk.

Now, I'm sure that someone else can do better that this "study" (I'm
nearly ashamed to name this a study...). Any volunteer?