Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME Video Clips...
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:48:16 +1100
Rodrigo,

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 13:47 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 05:42 +1100, Magnus Boman wrote:
Hello all!

With the release of Beta1, I would like to publish a few video clips to
show some off some of the features included.

I've started a wiki page on http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/Videos/Ideas
and your help would be appreciated.

It'd be nice to perhaps have some descriptive text for each clip as
well, ie something like the following (but much better :-);

* This clip shows you how easy it is to connect a bluetooth mouse to
your GNOME Desktop. It will show how you how to use the bluetooth applet
to bond the device.
* This clip showcases the new PolicyKit integration, where you no longer
have to authenticate as a superuser for certain Desktop tasks. This
particular clip shows you how to change the timezone.

a mini "HOWTO create the videos" would be helpful I guess :-)

Some other stuff that might be interesting to have videos:

* multimedia capabilities with pulseaudio. You could even add some
'bluetooth speakers' part to show the usage of more than one audio
output
* compiz and ccsm
* new PackageKit applet

if you like them, I'll add them to the wiki page

Absolutely! Please add them.

I will go and buy myself a bluetooth headset so that PA can be
demonstrated properly :-)

Cheers,
Magnus