[opensuse-gnome] Fwd: [opensuse-packaging] Changes in the desktop menu part of the package conventions
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:34:32 +0100
This means we can kill all the patches that just change desktop files to
use GenericName instead of Comment. Yay!

Vincent

----- Forwarded message from Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx> -----

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:31:20 +0100
From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: opensuse-packaging@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [opensuse-packaging] Changes in the desktop menu part of the package
conventions

Hi,

Starting a new thread with a clear title so everybody reads it :-)

I've updated the desktop menu part of the package conventions [1] to fix
some errors. See [2] for the discussion.

Here's the detail of the changes:

+ GenericName is not the key used for the tooltip. It's the Comment
key. Fixed the examples accordingly.

+ Make the examples valid .desktop files. Also use StartupNotify and
StartupWMClass instead of old KDE-specific keys.

+ the Encoding key is deprecated, so I removed any mention of it.

+ Fix the description of the Icon key. The value can be an absolute
path. Also link to the icon theme specification to explain where
icons should be installed.

Thanks,

Vincent

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/SUSE_Package_Conventions/Desktop_Menu