From: Michael Wolf [mailto:maw@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 11:33 AM
To: Srinivasa Ragavan
Cc: Stanislav Brabec; Federico Mena Quintero; opensuse-gnome
Subject: Re: [opensuse-gnome] Evolution Spam filtering

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 22:44 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:

Another thing is that, I'm not sure which distro, but one of the distros
ship a predefined database for Bogofilter or Spam assassin (Pardon my
memory). I have heard it from some community guys. It is indeed a good
idea. So your spam filter starts working out of the box.

Interesting. Any idea how well it works in practice? I can imagine
people in some legitimate professions, such as doctors, jewelers,
bankers, and immigration lawyers, starting out with a lot of false
positives.

Michael.