Re: [opensuse-gnome] Gnome build system problems

I see you already resolved your problem, but:

On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 13:22 +0100, Will Stephenson wrote:

[...]

Now I'm really unsure. I looked at gnome-autogen.sh and saw that the failure
comes from intltoolize - the error message

intltoolize: 'po/Makefile.in.in' is out of date: use '--force' to overwrite

is wrong as gnome-autogen.sh calls intltoolize with --force, copying
intltool's own /usr/share/intltool/Makefile.in.in into the project. So
intltool seems to be inconsistent with itself, the "grep INTLTOOL_MAKEFILE"
on its own copy of that file at the end of intltoolize fails.

Is it worth updating intltool to the latest 0.37?

Yes, probably. Some version between 0.35.5 and 0.37.1 broke lots of
things when we were working on 10.3. I just submitted 0.37.1 to BETA
and will move it into STABLE/Factory once I'm sure it doesn't break
everything.