Re: [opensuse-gnome] Evolution Spam filtering
  • From: Srinivasa Ragavan <sragavan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 09:55:20 +0530
Thanks for all the responses.

I have got a positive note upstream also and the fix is committed
upstream. Bogofilter is Evolution's default spam filter for GNOME
2.22/OpenSUSE 11.0

-Srini.

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 10:05 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
´╗┐Guys,

We have done some pretty good improvements to SPAM filtering in
Evolution 2.22

(*) White list support
(*) Header based filtering (You can check for headers set by SpamPal or
SpamAssasin or any such server side spam headers hints). It will be a
lot faster, as you decide a spam without downloading the message.

Currently we are having SpamAssassin as the default junk filter and I
remember lot of people having issues with SA (in-terms of speed,
resources it occupies, memory, processes etc).

I'm proposing to make Bogofilter as the default junk filter for
Evolution. Any thoughts to it?

-Srini.