Re: [opensuse-gnome] Unassigned bugreports
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 12:51:41 +0100
Hi,

Le samedi 01 mars 2008 à 20:26 +1100, Magnus Boman a écrit :
We do have "should_go_upstream" and a few other keywords that we use.
It's not module specific though. What we started to do was to use
tracker bugs for different components but far from all (only components
that receive the biggest number of bug reports).

Yes, I saw that. Keywords like "should_go_upstream" are really useful,
but don't cover the problem. And opening tracker bugs for each upstream
modules sounds, hrm, sub-optimal :-)

There are at least two immediate problems I'm concerned with:

+ it's not upstream-friendly. As upstream, I sometimes go to the fedora
bugzilla, to the debian bts or in launchpad, to look at what's
happening there.

+ if I want to focus some openSUSE bug-fixing on one package, like
gnome-desktop, it makes it really difficult to do it since I have no
way of knowing which bugs I should look at.

Another really concrete example, based on your original request: I'm
happy to be assigned all the bugs for the modules I maintain upstream.
Except that there's no way to quickly find those bugs.

It's not something essential, but something that would be nice. It adds
some overhead when triaging new bugs, though...