Re: [opensuse-foundation] legal form
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:11:18 +0100
jdd wrote:

Le 28/01/2011 15:40, Togan Muftuoglu a écrit :

So before I can put an opinion would it be possible to have a summary
of these articles in plain english ;as laws, regulations are written
with specific articalutaion that makes it harder for the layperson to
understand, that is to my understanding the case in all languages and
German is no exception.

well seen. I don't read a bit of german :-(.

What I know is that in France, non profit organisations do *not* have
the right to ask for donations.

[OT] Are they allowed to _receive_ unsolicited donations (i.e. without
having asked for them) ?

so two problems:

* is a german organisation fitted to receive donations (including from
other countries)

As far as I am aware, that is not a problem. However, an eV need not be
non-profit, it could be for-profit.

* the foundation usual langage will have to be english. How will we
manage german?

Yes, that is an important question.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.4°C)