Re: [opensuse-foundation] legal form
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:05:53 +0100
jdd wrote:

* The legal form of the foundation is to be a German voluntary
association (wikipedia:Eingetragener_Verein).

Sounds good. I think this is the right choice.

I understand very well that this is much more handy than any other
system, given where most suse fellows are located, but I'm not sure
it's the better way to solve problems.

among others Linux problems are legal problems (see restricted
formats). It was said (I don't know if it's true) that the location of
Canonical on the Man island is one of the reason ubuntu is more easy
to deal with.

Think tax, not copyright.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.6°C)