Re: [opensuse-foundation] Purpose of the Foundation; help refine the definition
Le lundi 24 janvier 2011, à 10:25 +0100, jdd a écrit :
Le 24/01/2011 10:02, Per Jessen a écrit :
jdd wrote:

We may also very quickly be obliged to hire some lawyers,
secretary, even some room (managing money in may be millions dollars
need cautions, how do Mozilla do?)

According to wikipedia, the Mozilla Foundation has 150 employees.

sure, but how is it managed? (not that I hope so much cash very soon :-))

We can look at Foundations that manage thousands instead of millions as
a start... The GNOME Foundation and the KDE eV both handle that very
well, with a board and a part-time/full-time administrator. (The GNOME
Foundation also has a part-time sysadmin and a full-time executive
director.)

I'm not sure what's your exact question, though. The board works on a
budget every year and uses it as a basis for how to use the money.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.