Re: [opensuse-foundation] Purpose of the Foundation; help refine the definition
Hi Alan,

Posted on the wiki is a paragraph describing the purpose of the Foundation.

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Foundation

I had the same idea and was sending in a proposal last week, see here:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-foundation/2011-01/msg00000.html
Seems that I had been pretty alone on the list at that point of time ;-)

I used the existing Wiki text and tried to enhance it a bit keeping
its original idea.

Here are my thoughts:
- 1st paragraph:
I think the openSUSE Project covers more than 'just' a distro. It is
the most currently, but that might change, and other activities such
as promoting free content for example should also be mentioned.

- 2nd paragraph:
I tried to be more accurate when it comes to trademarks.

- 3rd paragraph:
is about membership, again with a bit more accuracy.

- 4th paragraph:
actual purpose of the foundation, not sure if that says enough already.

- 5th paragraph:
The meaning of the Guiding Principles.

I am not claiming that this is a better or complete text. It's just a
proposal to line up some more details which should give a better
guidance for our discussion here.

regards,

Klaas