[openFATE 310059] Make it easier to run separate prefixes for Wine applications
Feature changed by: Karl Cheng (qantas94heavy)
Feature #310059, revision 3
- Title: Application to running exe and msi files.
+ Title: Make it easier to run separate prefixes for Wine applications

openSUSE-11.3: Rejected by Rémy Marquis (spyhawk)
reject reason: 11.3 is out, moving to 11.4

- openSUSE-11.4: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE-11.4: Rejected by Karl Cheng (qantas94heavy)
+ reject reason: Not done in time for 11.4.

+ openSUSE Distribution: New
+ Priority
+ Requester: Desirable

Requested by: Sławomir Lach (lachu)

I don't understand why we should run Wine(if installed) once user
clicks on exe/msi file. In my opionion, users keep only installers on
desktop and removes it after installation. Also keeping every
application installed in one prefix is not good solution. There also
should winecfg been running once this case. Of course, we should have
DB to store information about connection between wineprefix and exe
file. We can also add other enchancement, like asking to connect
PlayOnLiinux repository to download Linux installer script. Another
example is asking user to select application icon and application
category(probably it need to depther wine integration).

Use Case:
Peter would like to install Dev-C++. It only downloads it from page,
click twice on desktop and select create new prefix. Once installation
completes, he can remove installator from desktop.