[openFATE 314661] tcptunnel
Feature changed by: Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
Feature #314661, revision 5
Title: tcptunnel

- openSUSE Distribution: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE Distribution: Rejected by Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
+ reject reason: As jan said. Socat is much better at the job of what you
+ want to achieve. Anyway if you really want it in the distribution you
+ can always submit it to open build service.

Requested by: Harri T. (haba713)

I suggest adding tcptunnel package to openSUSE distribution.
As stated on a page http://www.vakuumverpackt.de/tcptunnel/
"Tcptunnel is a simple TCP port forwarder. This tool listens to a local
TCP port and all the received data is sent to a remote host. It can be
used to redirect TCP based protocols like HTTP, IRC, NNTP, SSH or
SMTP."
The source code is here: https://github.com/vakuum/tcptunnel
It's a great piece of code! I've used it now for a couple of months in
SLES 11 SP2 for SSH and MS Remote Desktop tunnels with no anomalities.

#1: Jan Engelhardt (jengelh) (2012-12-10 00:52:27)
Judging from tcptunnel's description, socat can do the same and
better.