[openFATE 314447] Make Yakuake a part of the KDE standard desktop set
Feature changed by: Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
Feature #314447, revision 5
Title: Make Yakuake a part of the KDE standard desktop set

- openSUSE Distribution: New
+ openSUSE Distribution: Rejected by Tomáš Chvátal (scarabeus_iv)
+ reject reason: This is not distro enhancement but more like package
+ addition for one specific usecase.
+ Even tho yakuake is small we are already having issues fitting on the
+ DVD so there is no way to add it. If you want you can create submission
+ to https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/KDE:Applications/patterns-kde
+ and discuss it with maintainers.
Priority
Requester: Neutral

Requested by: Michael Skiba (mirrakor)

For those of you who don't know Yakuake: It's a KDE Terminal Emulator
(like konsole or xterm). It's normally hidden and rolls down the screen
when you press a certain hotkey (usually F12) and provides a
multitabbing, skinnable terminal interface.
Website: http://yakuake.kde.org/
Such a built in, but easy to hide, terminal emulator is certainly handy
for the power user but it might also be useful to be able to tell
novices to simply press F12 to open up a console.
On the con side of course is the fact that it uses resources (not much,
but still) that the user might need somewhere else.
I think it might be an interesting idea and would like to use this
platform to discuss it and see if there's enough people that are
interested as well.