[openFATE 315140] Kernel: CONFIG_TCP_MD5SIG needed for quagga
Feature changed by: Jackie Lam (jljlam)
Feature #315140, revision 2
Title: Kernel: CONFIG_TCP_MD5SIG needed for quagga

Requested by: Marc Langer (marclanger)

Quagga bgpd allows the configuration of MD5 protected BGP sessions, but
the kernel does not have this activated.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Our BGP peers require MD5 but the SuSE Kernel is compiled
without CONFIG_TCP_MD5SIG. It takes a long time to find this issue
because in the default configuration quagga is not logging properly
that this option is missing in the kernel.
Each time we have to compile an own kernel. Please activate this in
future versions.

+ #1: Jackie Lam (jljlam) (2016-06-15 00:38:02)
+ I have a customer who requested this feature to be in SLES11SP4.