[openFATE 318493] [KDE/GONE/PackageKit] Asks to update when user decides to turn off computer
Feature changed by: Sławomir Lach (Lachu)
Feature #318493, revision 7
Title: [KDE/GONE/PackageKit] Asks to update when user decides to turn
off computer

Requested by: Sławomir Lach (lachu)

When user decides to turn off computer on some DE, asks him to update
system(if updates are avaiable and network connection is enabled).
After update completed, system would shut down. We also can show list
of updated and running application to user after each update.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Some application, like Firefox can be in weird state
after update. Of course, user can restart application, but there's no
message and there can be other application that gets injuryied after
update.

#1: Sławomir Lach (lachu) (2015-03-08 13:58:56)
Is my English to worst, nobody was response?

#2: Tomas Cech (sleep_walker) (2015-03-08 22:45:06)
Even though I hardly turn my computer off, I like that idea.

#3: Per Jessen (pjessen) (2015-03-09 14:34:58)
For a system where the user is also the administrator, this might be
useful, but it should be an option otherwise it'll only cause confusion
for non-admin users.

#5: Philipp Bielefeldt (pbiel) (2015-07-25 12:33:27) (reply to #3)
I assume the idea is to have it similar to GNOME's pop-up "there are
updates available, click here to install" notification (I think KDE now
ships s.th. similar). I don't see why that confuses users. I personally
would not like to use this – since I only update via terminal, as this
gives me a superior feeling of control. However, I like the idea!

+ #6: Sławomir Lach (lachu) (2015-09-08 11:29:23) (reply to #5)
+ I didn't use GNOME3. The idea was to update system on system turn-off
+ routine(before shutdown process start). When I end work at night I
+ don't care, what my PC do before full shutdown and shutdown don't must
+ be fast, because I wen sleep. Another case is going to work. Adding
+ option to update system on/before shutdown is great idea, in my
+ opinion.

#4: akash vishwakarma (vish_99) (2015-03-15 11:52:30)
There should be setting where a user should be able to enable or
disable such a feature.