[New: openFATE 314866] add force-publish
Feature added by: Bernhard Wiedemann (bmwiedemann)

Feature #314866, revision 1
Title: add force-publish

Buildservice: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Bernhard Wiedemann (bmwiedemann)

Currently to force a publish event one can only disable building for a repo and
later enable it again

A force-publish needs different parts: # api in OBS backend # an osc CLI
command to call it e.g. osc publish force PRJ [REPO [PKG [ARCH]]] # maybe a
webui element to call it

Use Case:
1. we want packages of Factory/armv5el out there but some packages are still
building e.g. because there are constant checkins to Factory, but we dont
really want to disable building, so triggering a force-publish would be nice.

2. sometimes an important bugfix was submitted to a package but it would take a
long time to publish because other packages are still rebuilt, so testing is
stalled and thus development slowed down. "osc publish force $PRJ $REPO $PKG"
could help

List Navigation