[New: openFATE 314845] Tool to write to I2C EEPROM
Feature added by: Jean Delvare (jdelvare)

Feature #314845, revision 1
Title: Tool to write to I2C EEPROM

Requested by: Jean Delvare (jdelvare)

There is currently no tool to write to I2C EEPROM. Such tools exist in the
upstream i2c-tools package, but the code quality is not good enough for these
to be included now. The following steps are needed before we can include an
EEPROM writing tool from i2c-tools: * Check the features and code quality of
the 3 tools which are available upstream. * Pick the most promising one and
delete the rest. My first impression is that eeprog is the best, except for
hardware access which should be rewritten. * If the selected tool lacks
features implemented by the deleted tools, implement them. * Integrate the new
tool in i2c-tools's build system.

Then we can include it into openSUSE.

List Navigation