[openFATE 314461] gnu parallel
Feature changed by: Arun Persaud (apersaud)
Feature #314461, revision 3
Title: gnu parallel

Package Wishlist: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Guenter Grau (ggrau)

When I discovered GNU parallel it quickly became an indispensable tool
for all my scripting. Beside fixing issues with "argument list too
long" (which could be solved with xargs) it is very useful to utilize
multiple cores or even machines on the script level (I use it to form a
simple compute cluster). Since it is universal and simple to use, I
wonder why it didn't become part of openSUSE long before.
http://www.gnu.org/software/parallel/

+ #1: Arun Persaud (apersaud) (2013-02-03 09:15:17)
+ +1
+ Already packaged at
+ https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Atange
+ (https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Atange)
+ Would be great, if this could go into factory