[New: openFATE 313169] Allow ifup scripts for interfaces not managed by NetworkManager
Feature added by: Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca (luizluca)

Feature #313169, revision 1
Title: Allow ifup scripts for interfaces not managed by NetworkManager

Requested by: Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca (luizluca)

Hello, My main network connection is just a standard one: plug and DHCP.
However, I have several other connections that use some unusual configurations.
I have, for example, tap interfaces. Also, I have two other NIC that I asked NM
to not managed it. The problem is that these not-managed-by-NM interfaces are
also not configured with ifup scripts. If I run "ifup tap0", I get: Network
interface is managed by the NetworkManager -> skipping However, it is not
managed by NM. NM does not even support tap interfaces. The same goes to my
other NIC, eth1 and eth2, which are listed in:
/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf: [keyfile] unmanaged-devices=xxxx
Please, check if the device is not managed and allow ifup scripts to configure
it and bring it up. This also applies to the startup scripts.

This works with debian/ubuntu distributions, when a interface is configured in
/etc/network/interfaces and so, NM does not touch it.

List Navigation