[New: openFATE 313151] opensuse 12.2: kde update conflicts - there needs to be only one!
Feature added by: Jedi Beeftrix (Jedibeeftrix)

Feature #313151, revision 1
Title: opensuse 12.2: kde update conflicts - there needs to be only one!

Requested by: Jedi Beeftrix (jedibeeftrix)

not a technical person so only a limited ability to explain this, but here
goes: back in the day we used YAST, it found updates and installed them, all
was good in the world. then we needed desktop notifiers to inform the user that
new updates were available, and all was good in the world. then we decided that
the notifier ought to be able to install updates, and two parallel systems were
born, and was conflict brought into the world. then we had kpackagekit which
promised to return the user to the blessed lands of all, but the dream was not
realised. then apper arrived promising to correct the flaws of kpackagekit, but
still we get conflicts were one service is blocked by the (invisible) operation
of the other. ---------------------------- We need a simpler system:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-kde/2012-01/msg00144.html for 12.2, can we
make apper call YAST to install updates, or YAST use packagekit as the
'backend', but not have two parallel systems of updates that invariably tie
themselves in knots? kind regards

JBT

List Navigation