[openFATE 313120] use a safe hashing algorithm for dvd images and rpm file headers
Feature changed by: Jan Engelhardt (jengelh)
Feature #313120, revision 2
Title: use a safe hashing algorithm for dvd images and rpm file
headers

openSUSE Infrastructure: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Elmar Stellnberger (estellnb)

At the moment only sha1 and md5sum are offered in the web download area
of opensuse.org. However I believe that we should offer only hash
values of algorithms generally considered as safe like sha256 and
sha512 here whereby I would prefer sha512 as the stronger hashing
method. Similarely a stronger hashing algorithm should be used to check
individual files by the rpm header with rpm --verify.

+ #1: Jan Engelhardt (jengelh) (2012-01-12 16:15:29)
+ SHA-1 is currently still safe for all practical purposes.

List Navigation