[New: openFATE 313120] use a safe hashing algorithm for dvd images and rpm file headers
Feature added by: Elmar Stellnberger (estellnb)

Feature #313120, revision 1
Title: use a safe hashing algorithm for dvd images and rpm file headers

openSUSE Infrastructure: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Elmar Stellnberger (estellnb)

At the moment only sha1 and md5sum are offered in the web download area of
opensuse.org. However I believe that we should offer only hash values of
algorithms generally considered as safe like sha256 and sha512 here whereby I
would prefer sha512 as the stronger hashing method. Similarely a stronger
hashing algorithm should be used to check individual files by the rpm header
with rpm --verify.

List Navigation