[openFATE 312998] Always have user picker in default KDM theme
Feature changed by: Flavio Castelli (flavio_castelli)
Feature #312998, revision 2
Title: Always have user picker in default KDM theme

openSUSE 12.1: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Joseph Mulloy (jdmulloy)

The new KDM Theme for 12.1 does not have a user picker, whereas the KDM
theme for 11.4 did have one. This is a regression in my opinion. It is
2011, all major Operating Systems have user pickers in their logon
managers. OpenSuse needs to make it a policy that the default KDM/GDM
theme in EVERY version has a user picker. With recent unpopular changes
in a more popular distro this is a great chance for OpenSuse to gain
users, therefore we should make it as user friendly as possible. This
is a little thing that makes a big difference.

Use Case:
Joe is a user who wants to setup an OpenSuse PC for his family with
each family member having their own account. His family members are
"average users" who should be able to just click on their own user
instead of having to remember a username.

+ #1: Flavio Castelli (flavio_castelli) (2011-12-12 16:44:31)
+ I totally agree, this is a must have feature for families sharing the
+ same computer.