[openFATE 312567] Add Iron To The repos
Feature changed by: Vasilis Serghi (vserghi)
Feature #312567, revision 3
Title: Add Iron To The repos

Package Wishlist: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Narayansamy S (vazhavandan)

Add Iron To The repos This seems to be a promising browser based on
chromium source Kindly consider adding it to opensuse repos
Iron removes all the questionable features from chrome Ref:-
http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: I read about tools, which try to anonymize Chrome. Why
not use these?
Right, there are tools, which try to do the same than Iron. But these
don't work with the sourcecode and so they only provide a limited
control. E.g. they can't disbale functions like th URL-Tracker.
Can i really check that Iron doesn't submit any private data, how you
say?
Yes, you can. There are tools like Wireshark, which scan the whole
network-traffic. We could not recognize any obvious activity. But you
can proof this by yourself. PS: We also disabled the DNS-Precaching by
default, because this could perhaps used by spammers (see this Link)

+ #1: Vasilis Serghi (vserghi) (2011-06-27 15:47:36)
+ I use this in windoze, and it is fast and nice to use. Does not quite
+ replace my main browser (opera), but a good second choice.

List Navigation
This Thread