[openFATE 309717] make osc to remember http authentication header
Feature changed by: Sascha Peilicke (saschpe)
Feature #309717, revision 2
Title: make osc to remember http authentication header

Buildservice: Unconfirmed

Requested by: JF Ding (jfding)

In current implementation, osc use 'urllib2' to access api server for
http transactions. The problem is, osc need to send out a pair of
request for each access:
  1st request without authentication header, and the response will be a
401 with Basic authentication challenge.
  2nd request with dynamically generated authorization header
(Authorization: Basic <base64 encoded string>\r\n)
But we can make osc to remember the header at the first authentication
challenge of each osc running. Then the http request number and network
Python's urllib2 module is flexible enough to add this feature. I have
implemented it in my personal gitorious branch:

http://gitorious.org/~jfding/opensuse/jfdings-osc/commit/62d705c29999856ec6d8bb67b9c4cced226c57e7

(http://gitorious.org/~jfding/opensuse/jfdings-osc/commit/62d705c29999856ec6d8bb67b9c4cced226c57e7)

Any advice? Thanks.

+ #1: Sascha Peilicke (saschpe) (2011-06-24 11:32:11)
+ Looks ok, please do a merge request against osc.