[openFATE 310232] kde addressbook integration in libreoffice via akonadi connector
Feature changed by: Denny Beyer (lumnis)
Feature #310232, revision 11
Title: kde addressbook integration in libreoffice via akonadi
connector

openSUSE-11.4: Rejected by Will Stephenson (wstephenson)
reject reason: Not done in time for 11.4

Requested by: Denny Beyer (lumnis)

It would be desireable to have a working addressbook connection/access
between libreoffice and kde addressbooks out of the box.
This could be achieved by implementing an akonadi connection in
libreoffice. What is needed for that, is according to Tobias Koenig
(one of the akonadi developers) an extensible imap library and a dbus
connection.

Business case (Partner benefit):
- openSUSE.org: As openoffice is the choice for most users and the only
+ openSUSE.org: As libreoffice is the choice for most users and the only
option with regards to more advanced features, core functionality
needed in an office environment is still missing. Like addressbooks
being available across applications to be used in e.g. mail merge.
Akonadi - the service behind KDE4 to share PIM data across applications
- should be used to access addressbook/calendar/ToDo data from within
- OOo.
+ LO.

#1: Konstantinos Koudaras (warlordfff) (2011-02-22 21:57:33)
I proposed to look at this idea into GSOC ideas wiki page. We are
looking for mentors so if anyone wants to help, please add your name in
the wiki page (http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:GSOC_2011_Ideas)