[openFATE 312491] Explicit IPv6 support for YaST printer module
Feature changed by: Johannes Meixner (jsmeix)
Feature #312491, revision 4
Title: Explicit IPv6 support for YaST printer module

Requested by: Johannes Meixner (jsmeix)

Currently there is not any kind of special IPv6 support in yast2-
printer. Currently IPv6 works only where it is compatible to IPv4 but
there are cases where IPv6 needs special handling: For example the
tests whether or not a remote host is accessible run "ping IP-address
or hostname" which fails if IP-address is an IPv6 address because for
IPv6 ping6 must be used. See bnc#697833
Unfortunately ping6 cannot be used for IPv4 addresses so that yast2-
printer needs to implement special distinction of cases in particular
if a hostname is given depending on whether or not this hostname has an
IPv4 or IPv6 address or both.
Probably there are some more special distinction of cases needed to
distinguish between IPv4 and IPv6 stuff.

#1: Satoru Matsumoto (heliosreds) (2011-06-10 03:06:07)
@Johannes
Please do not request same features again and again. If you have
something to add, just edit your description or add comments instead of
requesting again.

+ #2: Johannes Meixner (jsmeix) (2011-06-10 10:39:00) (reply to #1)
+ Please do fix webFATE so that it does not show again and again big red
+ error messages full of technical stuff which is meaningless for me so
+ that I do not have to try again and again to get it accepted by webFATE
+ trying out various modifications hoping to make webFATE more hape to
+ finally accept it until I give up to find out later by the webFATE
+ mails that webFATE had actually accept it multiple times.
+ By the way: This is my THIRD attempt to get this comment added via
+ webFATE web interface!

List Navigation
This Thread