[openFATE 312475] Linux administrative toolkit
Feature changed by: Sławomir Lach (Lachu)
Feature #312475, revision 2
Title: Linux administrative toolkit

Package Wishlist: Unconfirmed
Priority
Requester: Neutral

Requested by: Sławomir Lach (lachu)

Create Linux administrative toolkit to provide multiple distribution
administrative tool. This set should contains cli, cui and gui tools.
Also prepare documentation of usability to help creating similar tools.
Also add metapackage to install each tool from this set.

Use Case:
Alex is a student. On school he learn Common Linux administrative tool.
He will install it on future work and won't teach a new administrative
tools when changing work, etc.
Peter works as repairer of computers. He will use the same
administrative tools on each computer, so he offer to work only if user
allow to install it.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Actually Fedora with other teams creating tools like
PackageKit, PolicyKit, etc. That's great idea but some distribution
have own administrative tools, so don't ships fedora's tool. Linux have
some problems on accessing to school markets and allow to accessing
some services, because no one set of administrative tools are existing.
We have many tools, like smart, Yast, PackageKit, etc. but no
promotional action, no set of this tool and no way to install it by few
- clicks. To make Linux market bigger we need push Linux into schools,
- but we need one popular set of tools to manage Linux desktop/server.
+ clicks.
+ To make Linux market bigger we need push Linux into schools, but we
+ need one popular set of tools to manage Linux desktop/server.
Teachers can't believe students will use the same distribution on work
- or home, so Linux isn't popular in schools. I also in school teach
+ or home, so Linux isn't popular in schools. I also in school learned
Ubuntu and Fedora. On high-school i works on Debian. In home in only
uses OpenSUSE. When administrator, student or teacher would install one
common for many distributions administrative set of tools via one click
employers would have less trouble with finding Linux administrators.

List Navigation