[openFATE 311176] add pypy - a faster python implementation
Feature changed by: Di Pe (dipe)
Feature #311176, revision 4
Title: add pypy - a faster python implementation

Requested by: Di Pe (dipe)

pypy is (almost) fully compatible to python 2.5 but it can execute your
unmodified Python code 5-15 times faster than the standard cPython.
For benefits see here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PyPyStack
It takes more than 1 hour to build on a fast machine providing a nice
rpm package would make sense

+ #1: Di Pe (dipe) (2011-01-30 20:37:46)
+ I tried to use the build service for this to submit the package but it
+ seemed to end up in an infinite loop. Was able to build successfully on
+ 11.3, these are my notes: sudo zypper -n in python-devel python-curses
+ libffi-devel zlib-devel libbz2-devel ncurses-devel libexpat-devel
+ openssl-devel valgrind-devel gc-devel prelink download
+
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/pypy/1.4.1/3.fc15/src/pypy-1.4.1-3.fc15.src.rpm
+ rpmbuild --rebuild pypy-1.4.1-3.fc15.src.rpm cancel the build after the
+ first few error messages edit /usr/src/packages/SPECS/pypy.spec and
+ replace Buildrequires: bzip2-devel Buildrequires: expat-devel with
+ Buildrequires: libbz2-devel Buildrequires: libexpat-devel
+ Buildrequires: prelink and set %global with_stackless 1 cd /usr/lib64
+ ln -s libncurses.a libcurses.a cd /usr/lib ln -s libncurses.a libcurses.
+ a
+ rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/packages/SPECS/pypy.spec

List Navigation
This Thread