Title: Symbian support for Gammu

Hackweek VI: Implementation

Requested by: Michal Čihař (nijel)
Developer: Michal Čihař (nijel)

Gammu currently lack support for recent Symbian phones. The problem is
that there is need to run some application on Symbian to be able to
sync. The plan is to reuse application which series60-remote and
connect to it from Gammu.

#1: Michal Čihař (nijel) (2011-01-21 08:42:14)
Bug in Gammu bug tracker for this:
https://bugs.cihar.com/view.php?id=423

+ #2: Martin Seidler (pistazienfresser) (2011-01-25 10:44:18)
+ A cool feature - probably I will try it on my old Nokia mobile phone
+ when it is done.
+ A support for Android phones with Gammu (and maybe an according Andorid
+ app) would be fine, too. I would like to have something like that
+ especially if it would allow me to synchronize (sync) the addresses on
+ my Android phone with an application on my openSUSE linux system
+ (Evolution, Thunderbird) without giving Google or someone else access
+ to 'my' private or business related data. Compare: - Google Mobile: can
+ you sync android phone with linux?
(http://www.google.fr/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=3bd34a531c5f284c&hl=en)
+ - forums.openSUSE: Android - auf Daten von Adressbuch und Kalender
+ unter linux zugreifen (Abgleich/Up- und Download)?
(http://forums.opensuse.org/deutsch-german/hilfe-und-helfen/anwendungen/450337-android-auf-daten-von-adressbuch-und-kalender-unter-linux-zugreifen-abgleich-up-und-download.html)
+ Should I open a separate (related?) feature tread for that?

List Navigation
This Thread