[New: openFATE 311147] Live migration with PCI devices
Feature added by: Jason Douglas (BigVBGuy)

Feature #311147, revision 1
Title: Live migration with PCI devices

Hackweek VI: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Jason Douglas (bigvbguy)

When a PCI-device is assigned directly to a virtual machine, that VM is bound
to the physical host where the PCI-device is located. There needs to be a
method whereby such a machine can be migrated to another host, and a new PCI
device be assigned to that VM to replace the one on original host.

For Hackweek VI, I'd like to focus on this capability with network cards in
XEN. If this can be accomplished through a series of manual steps, then I'd
like to see if the capability could be integrated into our tools, and if not,
at least be scripted.

List Navigation